Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Moodkiller #1

ACQUAINTANCES OR ANNOYANCES
by: -RoG-



"Hey! How's it going?", "Hi there!", "Hello"...do these things sound
familiar? Of course they do! Whenever you hear these words spoken, or
speak them yourself, chances are you've run in with an acquaintance.
Acquaintances are basically the people whom you met for a split second at
one point in your life and you say something like "hello" every time you
see them from that point onward. Sure, it's a kind gesture which contains
all of that "common courtesy" crapola and blah blah blah. I say it's
pointless. Chances are this person who is greeting you is someone who
accidentally dropped a gallon of milk on your foot in 7-11, and that's
how you came to meet them. Inside you really have much animosity towards
this person, but instead you always find yourself replying to their
stupid greeting with, "Oh I'm fine! How are you?" The real bad thing
about all of this is that it's normally when you are walking by them.
It's basically a 5 second conversation.

So why is it important to say hi to everyone? If the person is your
friend that you hangout with on a regular basis, then you have a valid
reason to acknowledge their existence every now and then. Otherwise, I
see no real reason to say anything. There's always that person who keeps
count of all the people he can say hello to. It makes him happy to think
that he has so many "friends". This is just that person's way of
reassuring himself that he actually knows people. But I bet deep down
inside it pisses him off to think that he never really hangout with all
of those people he says "hey" to. If everybody I've said hi to during my
life was an actual friend, I could probably have a good chance at running
for president. I don't find these people important in my life in any way,
shape or form. You probably have that one friend who everyone seems to
know and they all say hello to him and it makes you jealous to think that
he knows so many people. But think about it...chances are that he hangs
out with 1 or 2 out of the 30 people that greet him. Why? BECAUSE THEY
ARE ALL JUST ACQUAINTANCES.

Acquaintances don't do anything with you really. They just walk by you
and say hello. That is it! End of story! Friends are people whom you
hangout with all the time, eat meals with, complain about everything
with, rob banks with, commit multiple homicides with, and any of the
other few pleasantries in life with. Acquaintances don't do jack with
you. Sure, sometimes they happen to be in the same room because they are
friends with one of your friends, but the two of you really have nothing
to say to each other except "hey, what's up?" "Oh nothing really" "Yeah
same here" "Oh well..." And the blabbering about pointless stuff goes on
and on. Most of the time you can't even remember the person's name, I
know I can't. I know I haven't known the names of AT LEAST 80% of the
people I've ever said "hi" to. I know, I know...you don't want to be mean
and not acknowledge them. Even I say "hello" to the people who
acknowledge me. I'm just stating the fact that I think it's annoying and
that there is really no purpose for acquaintances. They are just people
who pass you by and say a short phrase. So what? Who cares? I think one
of the main causes of noise pollution is the thousands of people walking
in clustered cities saying hello to each other. You can try to justify it
to yourself all you want...when it comes right down to it, acquaintances
have no function. Why do you think some people become hermits? Because,
they got really angry at the fact that all they ever did was say hi to
people and then spend their entire days at home with nothing to do and
nobody to hangout with. (in a hearty voice) "Well I just know a lot
people so that I have allies!" Why? Are you planning on going to war? I
don't think so. And if our country goes to war against some other
country, tons of people who have never even met each other will join
forces to protect America. You don't need allies so shut up.

"But you could hang out with those people that you say hi to if you
really wanted to!" Yeah, I suppose that is true...IF I REALLY WANTED TO.
Why do you think they are saying hi? They are hoping that you won't
follow them and try hanging out. Why? Because they really don't want to
hangout with you either just like you don't really want to hangout with
them. "You're just not nice! I want to say hello to all of those people!"
Yeah, that's an easy one to analyze. I'm willing to bet that the only
reason you WANT to say hello to them is because you know where they work.
They probably work at a food establishment or some other places that
could prove to be beneficial to you. "Hey man! How ya doin?
Say...ummm...you think you could get me some of that food for free?" Yeah
we've all played that game before haven't we? We have our real friends to
give us the benefits of their jobs, but some people can't stop there.
They have to know more and more people that they can leech off of. Then,
once that person has been fired, you never even talk to them ever again
because they can't help you anymore. Yeah, I know exactly why you want to
say hello to all of those people. ADMIT IT! I do, I've done it before,
and I admit it proudly. The way I figure it, is that it is the LEAST they
can do since they annoy me every day by saying "Hey! What's new?" and all
that other lingo.

You might be one of those pain in the neck people who, for some sick
reason, has to HUG everyone you see. I hate those people. "Hi! How have
ya been! Come here and gimme a big hug! I missed you so much! awwww!"
Please. Not only does that normally annoy the hell out of the person
being hugged, but it shows how desperate the hugger is for physical
contact with another human being. If you are one of these people you need
to get help. As much as I hate the idea of drugs being used to treat
psychological problems, I think they should create some kind of treatment
that instantly makes the person puke whenever they get the idea of
hugging someone into their head. You know, just like in the movie
Clockwork Orange where the guy gets really sick whenever a sadistic
thought enters his noggin. Screw it, they should just make a therapy that
kills the person as soon as they get the urge to say "hey there!" to
someone they hardly even know.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
ACQUAINTANCES ARE WORTHLESS.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dave.... kikikikikik

    ReplyDelete
  2. anybody who commented on this article totally agrees with the content and in some forms have thought and performed the actions mentioned.
    btw, hi, dev! how are you?

    ReplyDelete