Friday, June 17, 2005

Reminiscence

A list of my 25 favorite Sesame Street moments

# 15. My favorite of the celebrity Muppet parodies was the Beetles, the suit-wearing insect band that sang the hit song "Letter B." This was the first parody that I figured out was a parody, because I saw the Yellow Submarine cartoon around the same time. Though it did take me a minute or two to figure out who was making fun of who. I still don't know the actual lyrics to "Let It Be," but I can belt out at least a verse & a chorus of this one.

When I find I can't remember what comes after A & before C
My mother always whispers, "Letter B."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


# 24. Most of the time, the food mishaps were Charlie's fault, & Grover would have to deal with the customer complaints. But in my favorite restaurant sketch, he's trying to remember Fat Blue's order without the aid of a notepad. Have you been out to eat lately? That's the new "Give me a good tip plz" technique. The server has this sheepish grin as he waits for you to ask him "Are you going to remember all this?" Then he lets out that overconfident half-sigh/half-grunt, blows on his knuckles like one would blow on an apple, points to his temple & says "Ut, I got it all up here." You want to impress me, hot shot? Learn how to cook hibachi.

At least Grover's cute about it. He's come up with a little rhyme to help him remember not only the order ("Round & tasty on a bun, pickles, french fries, yum yum yum"), but also the table ("In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes & big blue head"). He does a great job remembering it, & he comes back with a grapefruit on a bun.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment